Last modified: April 18, 2018
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information
Information we may collect
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- The information you give us by using services such as the Media Rewards app, we require you to sign up. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your email address, age, gender, and postcode. If you want to take full advantage of the service we offer, we might also ask you to create a broader profile, which may include information about your occupation, education, household, shopper decision maker, your way commuting daily, your income range, etc.
- Information that we collect about you when you visit our websites, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, location data (where activated and you have agreed on this on your device), your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, screen size and device manufacturer, Identification for Advertising (AAID or IDFA), Play I.D. and Mobile Identification Number and other device identifiers, and details of your visits to our websites, including traffic data and other communications of media data;
- Media Rewards is a platform where you can win prizes by sharing your media habits, information such as which ads you likely have seen by matching ambient audio content, without storing any audio, which is shared to third parties anonymously. If you are part of the Media Rewards programme and you downloaded the mobile app, we collect information about your TV, video and radio habits, to enable our partners to provide you, and consumers with similar media habits, with more relevant media content and more relevant advertising. The microphone is used to identify media played on or within proximity of your device. We can only match specific audio frequencies of advertisements and content that we have access to. This works as follows; the app converts sound within proximity of your device to a string of numbers named ‘audio fingerprints’. These audio fingerprints are matched against equivalent data from the audio of our advertisements and content. This enables us to securely and anonymously match the content that you have been exposed to. All other sound is NOT identifiable, audio is never recorded or stored. It is also NOT possible to decode audio fingerprints back into an audible format.
- We may collect information about the digital advertising you view: Cookies, advertising ID’s (AAID or IDFA) and other similar data may be collected via a tracking pixel for the advertising you view on digital devices. It is possible to opt-out of this form of data collection by resetting your Advertising IDs (AAID / IDFA; iOS users can view how to Limit Ad Tracking here, and Android users can Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads here. When collecting this data, we adhere to the policies and best practice of the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB), of which we are members.
- Location data will be collected (where activated and you have agreed on this on your device) and analytics which relate to your Personal Data will be generated as a result of your use of Media Rewards, that analytics will be provided to our Clients. We may use aggregated, anonymised data derived from that Personal Data to provide analytics, consultancy and other services to third parties. which retail stores and restaurants (chains) you may visit
Where We Store Your Personal Data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will also be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Media Rewards, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Media Rewards; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
- We use your information:
- to provide you with any incentives which at the discretion of Beatgrid Media or the applicable client of Beatgrid Media, you may receive in exchange for you completing our surveys;
- to provide you with information, products or services which we feel may interest you;
- to analyse the effectiveness of, and to improve, our surveys;
- to ensure that content from the Beatgrid Media products are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to Media Rewards of other Beatgrid Media products
- to target advertising inviting you to take a survey.
- We may also use your data, or permit our clients or selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and they or we may contact you about these by email, SMS or telephone.
- Where your data is used to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, we (or the selected third party) will contact you by electronic means.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our clients, advertisers and advertising networks, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help our clients, advertisers and advertising networks reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our clients’, advertisers’ and advertising networks’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose your personal information to:
- our clients, including clients outside of the European Economic Area for the purpose of communicating the results of our clients’ surveys and analysing the effectiveness of, and improving our clients’ surveys;
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- Information about our clients, users, surveys and Media Rewards is a business asset of Beatgrid Media BV. Therefore, we may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Beatgrid Media, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case, personal data held by it about its customers, users and respondents will be one of the transferred assets.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Media Rewards may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Visitors Under the Age of Majority
- We do not intentionally collect, and prohibit survey creators from collecting, personally identifiable information online from a child under the age of majority in his or her place of residence. Media Rewards and services are not directed at children. Users under the age of majority in their place of residence should not use the Media Rewards or services.
- Access to Information. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email email@example.com write to us at Beatgrid Media, Sisalbaan 5a, 2352 AZ Leiderdorp, Netherlands. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €10 towards our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For persons located in the EU: The EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) will come into force on 25 May 2018. The GDPR updates and will replace existing EU Member States laws based on the EU Data Protection Directive (46/95/EC). As privacy and data protection is important to us, we are providing you with the additional information you are entitled to receive under the GDPR.
- We have included information about how we process your data, and here we’re explaining the basis on which we do so:
- Where you sign up for any of our products or services, we process your personal data in order to perform our contract with you;
- We may process your personal data where an EU law requires us to;
- If we have a legitimate interest in processing data, such as for direct marketing or research purposes; or
- We will also process your personal data where you have provided us with consent to do so.
- The GDPR also gives you additional data protection rights, and you may request the following from us:
- To correct any personal data that is incorrect or incomplete;
- To object to our processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances, if we are processing it on the basis of our legitimate interest;
- To object to any automated decision-making based on your conduct, such as analytics for direct marketing conducted by us. We perform automated processing when using cookies placed on third-party websites for TV, radio audience measurement, which measures how you interact with and use different audio based advertisements or analyse TV program viewing habits where you participate in one of our research communities, and from our panellists;
- To withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data;
- To complain to the national data protection authority in your country of residence.
- We use automated processing for marketing and media research and for measuring advertising. Our methods of conducting this form of processing include: collecting data from our mobile apps implementing audio fingerprinting or audio matching software code, which is a form of automatic content recognition, referred to as “ACR”; measuring audible advertising exposure, user engagement, and audience size; matching this with content information from an advertising database, content from satellite, telecommunications and cable operators covering set top boxes and Video on Demand (VOD) viewership; measuring location matches with geo fences around retail location or out of home (outdoor) advertising and survey results are used together with information from millions of other research panel members to create research reports on TV, radio, online video viewing habits, and behaviour change after advertising exposure on these outlets. In most cases, this information is pseudonymized and/or anonymized and will not identify you by name or household. In some instances, we utilize longitudinal behaviour data for an ID to infer audience segment (interest and demographic) membership for use in our reporting This is a probability and not a direct read of this.
- If we collect and process your personal data to fulfil products and services you request or to meet contractual terms, we may not be able to fulfil your request or our contractual commitments without such personal data. Where you seek to exercise a right, we may request additional information from you to help us verify you and to help us respond to your request.
- We will not use this right to make substantial changes to the terms to your detriment without giving you a chance to agree.
- You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. However, data taken before any changes will not be affected without your individual permission.