All capitalized terms not defined herein have the meaning set forth in the Agreement.
- Beatgrid PanelSync” means mobile-based passive ambient measurement through Beatgrid Media’s proprietary mobile ACR (Audio Content Recognition) technology and location tracking technology, that resides in Beatgrid Media’s proprietary mobile apps, to passively measure audience exposure to audio/video, or content across audio and video platforms, and/or determine an OTS (Opportunity To See) of OOH (Out-Of-Home) advertisements, at the individual level.
- “Company Data” means the first party aggregated and analysed data, derived as an output from Beatgrid PanelSync. Company Data includes 1st party aggregated audio/video media exposure data, first-party location data, survey data.
- “Beatgrid Analytics” means proprietary data management and analytics platform that allows subscribers to analyse aggregated audience exposure, behaviour and attribution data from Beatgrid PanelSync single-source TV, radio, video audience and behaviour measurement (including content exposure, location, demographic,) by permitting users to custom analytic breakdown on the data subscribed.
- “Beatgrid Online Report” means off-the-shelf analytics report, derived from Beatgrid Analytics, with a set number of data attributes, based on the license plan. The online report is made available with an interval in a static form. Unlimited or custom data breakdowns/ analytics are only available in the Beatgrid Analytics.
- “Customer” means the customer defined above and includes its assignees, affiliates, agents, successors and legal representatives.
- “Marketing Material(s)” means audio/video creatives, artwork, copy, lat/long geo-coordinates or active URLs of the advertisement provided or approved by the Customer to the Company for providing data and measurement solutions.
- “Exposures” data that shows individual expose to audible audio or video content.
- “OTS” means data that shows an Opportunity to See Outdoor or Out-Of-Home advertising.
- “Services” means providing access to Beatgrid Analytics and data for (i) measuring TV, Video. Radio or OOH (campaign) audience exposure and (ii) retail footfall (iii) measuring effectiveness and attribution and, (iv) using the data to provide client-specific analytics or research services.
- “API” means Company’s Application Program Interface, provided by Beatgrid Media in the form and manner agreed in Exhibit A of the Agreement.
- “Control” means with regard to an entity, means the legal beneficial or equitable ownership, directly or indirectly, of fifty percent (50%) or more of the share capital of such entity ordinarily having voting rights or effective control of the activities of such entity regardless of the percentage of ownership.
- “Custom Data” means the aggregated data set created and customized from existing Company Data based on Customer specifications, for the Customer.
- “CPM Deliverables” means Deliverables sold on a cost per thousand impression basis.
- “Digital Application(s)” means application software designed to run on a mobile device, such as a smartphone, tablet computer or any other digital device.
- “Personally Identifiable Information” means any (i) personally identifiable information related to a data subject; (ii) social security number with the associated name; (iii) mother’s maiden name with the associated name; (iv) driver’s license or other government issued identification card numbers with the associated name; (v) telephone numbers identified as unlisted or unpublished; (vi) credit, debit card or financial account numbers with the associated name and any required PIN or access code; (vii) personally identifiable health information; (viii) personally identifiable payroll/financial information including employee identification numbers; or (ix) any non-public personal information, as that term is known under the applicable laws, including privacy and data protection laws and/or regulations.
- “Professional Services” means managed services provided by Company to the Customer pursuant to a separate Statement of Work executed between the parties. Professional Services will include operating Beatgrid Analytics and Targeting Platform on behalf of the Customer by an authorized representative of the Company.
- “Statement of Work” means a document executed between the parties that will describe the (i) Professional Services to be provided by the Company, (ii) duration of the Professional Services, (iii) the fee for such Professional Services and all other details that parties may deem fit to include.
- “Custom Audience Segment” means selection of different segments of Company Data, by the Customer, to build an Audience segment in Beatgrid Analytics, creating audience segments to create a seed audience for lookalike modelling, tie up with Third Party Ad Server for advertising targeting purposes
- “Third Party DMP” means a third party engaged by the Customer that provides third-party Data Management Platform services.
Company provides Services for the following purposes:
- To use Beatgrid Analytics in order to run Marketing Materials and access and use analytics suite made available to measure campaign performances as well as to benchmark against competitors and/o
- To access Beatgrid Analytics platform to create attribution analytics and/or
- To access Beatgrid Analytics platform API to export data sets and/or
- To use the Company Data for creating audience segments to tie up with Third Party Ad Server to receive third-party services, subject to the restrictions and confidentiality obligations herein and/or
- Any other purpose, as agreed between the parties in the Agreement.
3. Usage and Restrictions
- Subject to compliance with the Terms and Conditions, Company hereby grants the Customer a fixed term, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable access, upon payment of applicable fees, access to Beatgrid Analytics and/or API for the Services described herein. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by the Company and its licensors
- Services involve models and techniques based on aggregate statistical analysis. Company is therefore not able to accept any liability for any inaccuracy, incompleteness or other error in the Services and any failure of Company Data to achieve any particular result for the Customer.
- Company will use commercially reasonable security technologies in providing Services and Customer shall comply with the applicable Company security policies made known to Customer. However, Company does not control the transfer of data, including but not limited to Custom Data, over telecommunications facilities, including the Internet, and Customer acknowledges and agrees that Company shall have no responsibility for any computer viruses, worms, software bombs, bugs or similar items that affect the Customer’s computers, computer systems, software, infrastructure or data as a result of the Customer’s access to or use of Services.
- Customer acknowledges and agrees that (i) nothing in these Terms and Conditions guarantees that the Services will be free from interruption or errors, (ii) there will be periods when Service is unavailable and cannot be accessed and (iii) Company accepts no liability for any loss or damage the Customer may suffer or incur as a result of such unavailability at any time.
- Customer shall not: (i) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make available to any third party access to Beatgrid Analytics, Company Data and/or API, Beatgrid mobile apps in any way; (ii) copy, translate, decompile, reverse-engineer or otherwise modify any parts of Beatgrid Analytics, Company Data and/or API (including Company Data) modify or make derivative works based upon the Service offered; (iii) transmit any content, data or information that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy or right of publicity, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (iv) create Internet “links” to Beatgrid Analytics and/or API or “frame” or “mirror” Beatgrid Analytics on any other server or wireless or Internet-based device; (v) interfere with or disrupt Company systems used to host the Company Data, other equipment or networks connected to Company Data, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks accessed; (iv) circumvent the user authentication/login provided; (vii) access Beatgrid Analytics and/or API in order to (x) build a competitive product or service, (y) build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of Beatgrid Analytics and/or API, or (z) copy any codes, ideas, features, functions or graphics of Beatgrid Analytics and/or API; (viii) except for access provided to Customer as permitted in these Terms and Conditions, allow any third party to use any user identification(s), code(s), password(s), procedure(s) and user keys issued to, or selected by Customer to access Beatgrid Analytics and/or API.
- The Customer is not relieved of any of its liabilities or obligations under these Terms and Conditions due to the fact that the Customer engages the services of a third party and in so far as the acts, omissions, defaults and neglects of the Customer or any employee or agent of the Customer results in a breach of the Customer’s obligations under these Terms and Conditions, then such acts, omissions, defaults and neglects will be treated as if they were the acts, defaults or neglects of the Customer.
- Reservation of Rights: By signing the Data & Analytics Agreement, Customer irrevocably acknowledges that Customer has no ownership interest in the Company Data and Services. Subject to any limitations associated with intellectual property rights of third parties, Company shall own all right, title, and interest in Company Data and Services, data developed in the performance of the Service (including such derivative works so developed under this Agreement jointly with Customer or solely by Company). Except for the licenses described herein, nothing herein shall be construed to assign or transfer any intellectual property rights to the Customer.
- Company own all right, title and interest in any patent rights, copyrights, trademark rights and other rights in the Company Data and Services, as well as any improvements, design contributions or derivative works conceived or created to the same including the know-how, techniques, or procedures, acquired or used by the Company.
- Company shall retain sole and exclusive ownership of all right, title, and interest in and to any and all such intellectual property and proprietary rights, and any changes, revisions, modifications or enhancements Company makes to the Company Data. Customer shall not remove notices and notations on Company Data that refer to copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and other intellectual property rights. All suggestions, solutions, improvements, corrections, and other contributions (“Improvements”) provided by Customer regarding the Company Data or Service, while reselling the Services, shall be owned by Company, and Customer hereby agrees to assign all rights in such Improvements to the Company. Nothing in this Agreement shall preclude Company from using in any manner or for any purpose it deems necessary, the know-how, techniques, or procedures acquired or used by Company in the performance of Services hereunder. The Company reserves all rights not specifically granted herein.
- Licensor will not use Company data or derivative works from Company data for promotional purpose such as and not limited to, client case studies or industry award papers, unless explicitly agreed otherwise with Company. If Company approves limited usage of the Company data, Company should be clearly referenced with brand name and brand logo as creator of Company data. Company grants a fixed term, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable right to use Company’s trademark, logo, marketing documents or any other intellectual property rights (“Company Materials”) solely to promote, marketing the Services. Use of Company Materials for any other purpose except as expressly provided herein will be considered as a material breach of this Agreement
5. Intellectual Property Rights
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, Customer irrevocably acknowledges that Customer has no ownership interest in Beatgrid Analytics, Company Data, Custom Data and Services or Beatgrid mobile apps. Subject to any limitations associated with intellectual property rights of third parties, Company and its licensors, where applicable, shall retain sole and exclusive ownership in any and all patent rights, copyrights, trademark rights and other rights in the Company Data, Custom Data and Services, as well as any enhancements, changes, revisions, modifications, design contributions or derivative works conceived, made or created to the same, including the know-how, techniques, or procedures acquired or used by Company. Except for the licenses described herein, nothing herein shall be construed to assign or transfer any intellectual property rights to the Customer. Customer shall not remove notices and notations on Company Data that refer to copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and other intellectual property rights. All suggestions, solutions, improvements, corrections, and other contributions (“Feedback”) provided by Customer regarding Beatgrid Analytics, Company Data, Custom Data or Service, while using the Services, shall be owned by Company, and Customer hereby agrees to assign all rights in such Feedback to the Company.
6. Fees and Payments
Company will invoice the Customer, (i) in advance for setting up specified Beatgrid Analytics, at the rate specified under the agreement (“Set-up Fees”); (ii) at the beginning of the month for usage of Beatgrid PanelSync, access to Beatgrid Analytics, and creation of insights based on data on a monthly basis (“Fixed Fee”); and (iii) for usage of Beatgrid Analytics over and above the Fixed Fee and for spends made on Beatgrid Analytics at the rate specified under measurement pricing (“Media and Data Execution Fee”). Set-up Fees, Fixed Fees and Media and Data Execution Fees are together referred to as “Fee”. Invoices for Fixed Fee and Media and Execution Fee will be sent to the Customer at the beginning of each month. Invoices will be sent to Customer’s email address provided by the Customer. Payment shall be made in full within fourteen (14) days of the date of invoice. In the case of delayed payments, the Customer shall be liable to pay interest of 18% per annum for the period of delay.
Set-up Fee, Minimum Fixed Fees for Analytics, Media and Data execution Fee for audience segments are exclusive of any indirect taxes, and the Customer shall be solely responsible for paying all applicable taxes which may be levied or assessed in connection with the Services provided under this Agreement. To the extent that Customer is required to withhold any Income Taxes in connection with this Agreement, the Customer will gross up the payment owed to the Company such that Company shall receive the same amount as if such Tax had not applied.
Customer agrees to keep confidential any and all information provided by Company in connection with these Terms and Conditions, which is not otherwise available to the general public without restriction (“Confidential Information”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, Customer is entitled to disclose such information: (i) to its agents, employees or representatives, who have a need to know such information for the purpose of receiving Services described herein, and are bound by confidentiality obligations that are as restrictive as the terms contained herein, (ii) to the extent required by applicable law, or (iii) during the course of or in connection with any litigation, arbitration or other proceeding based upon or in connection with the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions, provided that prompt notice shall be provided to Company prior of such disclosure and Customer shall comply with any applicable protective order or equivalent. Confidential Information shall not include information which the Customer can conclusively establish: (i) was in the possession of the Customer at the time of disclosure; (ii) prior to or after the time of disclosure became part of the public domain without the act or omission of the Customer to whom it was disclosed; (iii) was disclosed to the Customer by a third party under no legal obligation to maintain the confidentiality of such information; or (iv) was independently developed by the Customer. Unless specified herein, Customer shall at all times maintain the confidentiality of the Confidential Information and shall use at least the same level of care (at all times be subject to reasonable care) that it uses to protect its own confidential information of a similar nature. The obligation to maintain the confidentiality of Confidential Information shall subsist during the term of this Agreement and for a period of five (5) years following its expiration or termination, save for, with respect to any trade secrets provided by a party, including but not limited to details of the software platform, i.e., Beatgrid Analytics and/or API, in which case the confidentiality obligations shall continue indefinitely. Parties acknowledge that unauthorized disclosure or use of the Confidential Information would cause Company imminent irreparable injury and that the Company shall be entitled to seek, in addition to any other remedies available at law or in equity, temporary, preliminary, and permanent injunctive relief in the event Customer does not fulfil its obligations under this section. Company acknowledges Customer Content is Confidential Information of the Customer and Company will not use Customer Content except for performing its obligations pursuant to these Terms and Conditions or for making improvements to its Services generally.
- Customer warrants that (i) it has the right, power and authority to provide Customer Content and Marketing Material to the Company; (ii) the Customer Content and Marketing Material is complete, accurate and in the agreed format; (iii) the Marketing Materials are not false, deceptive, misleading, obscene, defamatory, illegal (including without limitation, in violation of applicable advertising laws and other applicable state and local laws, rules and regulations), harmful, threatening, abusive, obscene, hateful, libellous, invasive of another party’s privacy, unethical or racially or politically objectionable; (iv) the Customer Content and Marketing Materials will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party, breach any duty toward or rights of any third party, including rights of publicity or privacy; (v) the Marketing Materials will be in accordance with the then existing Policies of the Company, and (vi) the performance of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions will not cause Company to infringe the rights of any third party.
- EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH HEREIN, COMPANY DATA, CUSTOM DATA, BEATGRID ANALYTICS, API AND ANY OTHER SERVICES PROVIDED BY COMPANY, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. COMPANY DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES IN CONNECTION WITH COMPANY DATA, CUSTOM DATA, BEATGRID ANALYTICS, API, OR SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Customer will keep Company indemnified and hold Company, its Affiliates, subsidiaries, successors or assigns, and their directors, officers, employees and representatives (“Company Indemnified Parties”) harmless against any and all claims and related suits, actions, proceedings, investigations, judgments, deficiencies, damages, settlements, liabilities, and reasonable legal fees arising out of, as a result of or in connection with:
- the use of Company Data and Services in breach of the purpose specified in these Terms and Conditions;
- Customer Content or Marketing Material infringing any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- Customer’s failure to secure necessary rights, title, and interest in the Marketing Materials to be displayed via Beatgrid Analytics;
- the allegation that the content, or that the services, products or goods being advertised by way of Marketing Material, violate any applicable law or misrepresent the services, products or goods;
- breach of confidentiality obligations under Section 6 (Confidentiality); and
- breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Customer.
10. Limitation of Liability
- Company will not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, any attorney fees punitive or consequential damages or for any loss of data, loss of goodwill, loss of profit or revenue, arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, however, caused, and under whatever cause of action or theory of liability brought including under any contract, negligence or other tort, even if Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages, notwithstanding the failure of essential purpose of any remedy.
- In no event shall Company’s liability for any and all claims arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, in aggregate, exceed the fee paid by the Customer to the Company, under these Terms and Conditions, during the one (1) month period, prior to the date the liability first arose, notwithstanding the failure of essential purpose of any remedy.
- Customer warrants that it will not provide any Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) to the Company under the Terms and Conditions. Customer understands that the Company does not require any PII, for performing its obligations/Services under the Terms and Conditions. Customer shall ensure that it will review all Customer Content provided to Company and scrub any PII from the same before providing it to the Company. In the event Customer determines that disclosure of PII is crucial, for the performance of Company’s obligations hereunder, Customer shall provide Company with a prior written notice of Customer’s intention to disclose PII. Such data shall be disclosed by Customer upon Company’s written acceptance of such notice.
- Customer warrants that it will not use Company Data in combination with any third-party data that may lead to the disclosure of PII.
12. Term and Termination
- The Term of the Terms and Conditions is as specified in the Agreement.
- Company reserves the right to terminate these Terms and Conditions (i) anytime with or without cause; (ii) by giving fifteen (15) days’ notice if the Customer is in material breach of these Terms and Conditions and which breach is not cured within fifteen (15) days of receipt of a written notice from the Company or if such material breach is incapable of remedy.
- Customer may terminate the Terms and Conditions, if the Company is in material breach of its obligations hereunder, which breach is not cured within thirty (30) days of receipt of a written notice or which breach is incapable of remedy.
- Upon termination, all payments due till the date of termination shall be immediately paid by the Customer on or prior to the date of termination. Customer’s right to use the Services (including Company Data) shall cease on termination. Termination shall not affect any rights, obligations or liabilities, arising out of these Terms and Conditions, which have accrued before termination or which are intended to continue to have effect beyond termination. Customer shall return all Confidential Information (including Company Data) of the Company within ten (10) days of termination of the Agreement.
Without prejudice to its obligations under these Terms and Conditions, the Customer shallhave and maintain, Commercial General Liability Insurance Policy (“CGL”) with a limit of USD 5 million, with a reputable insurance company. Upon receipt of a written request from Company, the Customer shall submit a certificate to confirm that Customer has and maintains the required insurance policy with a reputable insurance company.
Customer will allow the Company and person(s) authorized by the Company, access to Customer’s premises, during the term and for a period of six (6) months after the termination or expiry of these Terms and Conditions, to inspect the records maintained by the Customer in connection with the Terms and Conditions, for the purpose of enabling the Company to verify Customer’s compliance with the requirements of the Terms and Conditions. Customer will, at its own sole cost, provide such co-operation and assistance as Company reasonably requires in relation to the performance of any inspection under this Section. If the audit reveals a material underpayment, Customer shall be responsible for the cost of such audit.
- Except for payment obligations, neither party will be responsible for any failure or delay in its performance under these Terms and Conditions due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, labour disputes, strikes, lockouts, internet or telecommunications failures, shortages of or inability to obtain labour, energy, or supplies, war, terrorism, riot, acts of God or governmental action, acts by hackers or other malicious third parties and problems with the internet generally, and such performance shall be excused to the extent that it is prevented or delayed by reason of any of the foregoing.
- The parties shall be independent contractors under these Terms and Conditions, and nothing herein will constitute either party as the employer, employee, agent or representative of the other party, or both parties as joint ventures or Customers for any purpose.
- The Customer authorizes the Company to use the trade name, trademark and logo of the Customer for the purpose of listing Customer in its general list of customers. The customer also permits Company to bring out press releases, create case studies on an anonymised basis and will be open to provide testimonial quotes from time to time solely for Company’s marketing purposes, provided Company obtains prior written approval of the Customer specific quotes. Company shall comply with Customer’s guidelines regarding the use of Customer’s trademarks.
- Customer shall not have the right to assign, transfer, resell or sublicense Customer’s rights or obligations hereunder. Any attempt to assign, transfer, resell or sub-license such rights or obligations without Company’s prior written approval will be null and void.
- If one or more of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected. The provisions will be revised only to the extent necessary to make them enforceable.
- No action of Company other than an express written waiver may be construed as a waiver of any provision of these Terms and Conditions. A delay on the part of Company in the exercise of its rights or remedies will not operate as a waiver of those rights or remedies, and a single or partial exercise by Company of any of the rights or remedies will not preclude other or further exercise of that right or remedy. A waiver of a right or remedy on any one occasion will not be construed as a bar to or waiver of rights or remedies on any other occasion.
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the Netherlands. The Company and the Customer agree that any claims, legal proceedings, or litigation arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions, will be brought solely in the courts of the Netherlands. No modification of these Terms and Conditions will be binding unless in writing and signed by both parties. If any provision herein is held to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. All rights and remedies hereunder are cumulative.
- Any notice required to be delivered hereunder will be deemed delivered: (a) upon delivery if delivered by courier or by hand (against receipt); or (b) three (3) days after posting, if sent by electronic mail, fax, or certified or registered mail, return receipt requested. All notices to the Company and the Customer will be sent to the address provided by each party to the other. If no address is specified for the Customer, notice will be sent to Customer’s last known address.